Join Our Team
If you’re interested in joining our team, please take a look at the vacancies we have below:
Warehouse General Manager (Commercial Catering Spares + Equipment)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Warehouse General Manager to join a specialist, niche company who will invest in your training and future development to ensure that you and the company stay at the forefront of their industry. As a Warehouse General Manager, you'll be responsible for a vital part of the supply chain process, you'll manage people, processes and systems in order to ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately, and that productivity targets are met.
Job role and Responsibilities
- You'll also be responsible for workplace health and safety standards and for the security of the building and stock.
- liaise with customers, suppliers and transport companies
- coordinate and monitor the receipt, order, assembly and dispatch of goods
- use space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently, making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met
- have a clear understanding of the company's policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these
- coordinate the use of automated and computerised systems where necessary
- respond to and deal with customer communication by email and telephone
- keep stock control systems up to date and make sure inventories are accurate
- plan future capacity requirements
- organise the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress
- motivate, organise and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Contact customers to monitor the quality of service they are receiving
- maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment
- oversee the maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment
- where appropriate, oversee the maintenance and operation of warehouse management systems
- Control and monitor inventory levels by conducting physical counts
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by assigning employees; and following up on work results.
- Keeps on top of a company's supply needs. Seeks out high-quality goods and negotiates reasonable prices on needed supplies. From spare parts to staff uniforms.
- forecast levels of demand for services and products
- build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Liaise with the BDM on eCommerce strategies and plan and organise promotions to clear stock
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse Manager
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands-on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
Applications via e-mail with CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Field Service Engineer (Electrical, Microwave ovens + Catering Equipment)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Service Engineer to join a specialist, niche company who will invest in your training and future development to ensure that you and the company stay at the forefront of their industry.
The company operates a standby rota and there is plenty of opportunities to earn overtime. We will also provide a company vehicle and the usual benefits so with this in mind the position becomes very attractive to any potential applicants.
With over thirty years of experience in Microwave Ovens and Accelerated Cooking Technology, the Marren Group is the UK’s leader in service and support for these products. The Marren Group offers unrivalled specialist maintenance to the foodservice industry within the UK. We strive to maintain our long-standing reputation for providing our customers with excellent service; with “first-time fix” being our number one priority. Specialising in Commercial Microwave Ovens, Microwave Combination Ovens and accelerated cooking equipment.
Marren takes pride in the ability and the experience of their Service Technicians. Their skillset allows the Company to offer service and support on a wide range of specialist products within the foodservice industry.
The introduction of hand-held PDA devices, combined with a high-quality service management system, allows “real-time” control of our day to day business. We have recently fitted the impressive TOM TOM vehicle tracking system to ensure we despatch the nearest available engineer to our customers. We also have a high level of commitment to Health & Safety. Marren are proud that in addition to Principle Safety & SAFEcontractor they have recently achieved ALTIUS, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 which are the standards that more and more major clients expect their suppliers to obtain.
We would welcome applications from time served service engineers with the relevant experience in fault finding and problem-solving and who still have the energy, commitment and eagerness to impress and succeed in a new company.
The successful applicant will be home-based and you will be partly responsible for managing your own time and workloads to ensure the best service is provided.
- Mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- One weekend in three working on a standby rota.
- Working from home, paid door to door.
- Fault Finding and problem-solving.
- Gas experience or qualifications are not required
- Possibly from white goods, brown goods or industrial maintenance background.
- Good electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- The flexibility to work varied hours as and when required.
- Good customer skills, polite and courteous
- Organised and thorough
- Flexible with a “can do” attitude
Applications via e-mail with CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org